Voice Blog 2


View on Vocaroo >>


Text:
       The Harvard study on happiness may be the longest study of adult life that's ever. It wants to find out what really keeps people happy and healthy from teenagers to old age. To get the clearest picture of these lives, researchers send them questionnaires, interview them in their living rooms, get their medical records from their doctors, talk to their children and so on. And about a decade ago, their wives were also invited.
       The study started from two groups of men in1938, continues now with their children. And we can get that" Good relationships keep us happier and healthier." There's also three big lessons about relationships. First, social connections are really good for us and loneliness kills. Second, what matters is the quality of your close relationships. Third, good relationships don't just protect our bodies but also our brains.
       In fact, I'm not surprised by Dr. Robert's finding. Because good relationships with my family, close friends and others means a lot. It is in my value order. And I believe good relationships absolutely keep us happier and healthier.
       Except good relationships with others, especially my family and friends, makes a good life. To me, doing what I love, like listening to music , reading novels, dancing, also make my life better. And I believe the saying goes" Regret nothing in matters of love and cuisine." Enjoying the cuisines makes me whole.

What makes a good life?
Speaker:Robert Waldinger

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Can you trust a smart speaker?

My new plan this year!

Voice blog